Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dear Facebook, it's not you, it's me...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm back! Today I'd like to share with you the reasons why I'm deleting my Facebook account...

In an effort to further simplify my life, I've decided its time to part ways with Facebook. It was fun while I was in college, but now it's devolved into a half-assed attempt at procrastination. Lately I've found my News Feed brings out 1 of 2 reactions from me:

1: I DON'T CARE
2: Miss Snarky McSnarkerson

Sometimes I really do care what my friends and family have to say/ what pictures they post but most times no one shares much of anything worth interest anymore. What used to be conversations or things sparking conversations, has turned into Application requests or silence. I'm hoping that by deleting my account, it will force me to try harder in interacting with my friends and family (and hopefully they'll reciprocate).

I have plenty of other websites to occupy my time (Hello Pinterest!) . It's time to say Farewell Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment