Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Big News!

After five years (in May) of dating, Gannon and I are engaged! We began discussing getting married about two months ago (boy was it difficult keeping that under wraps!) and on Friday evening, after a dinner of frozen pizza and red wine, Gannon surprised me with my ring :) In case you're a little underwhelmed with my version of the story, here's Gannon's version:

So there Jen and I were, waterskiing down the Suez Canal on the backs of sharks, when an orca whale tossed us thirty feet into the air. At the top of our arc, staring down into the maw, I slipped a ring on her finger and whispered, "Shit just got real."
And now for the part I know anyone really cares about (and why it took us two months to tell anyone), ring pictures. These were taken with my camera phone, which explains why this post is occurring two days after, instead of three months!




I don't think Gannon could've had a more perfect ring made for me. I love that the sapphire changes color (blue in natural light, purple in artificial) depending on the lighting, I love the brushed gold (no shiny rings for this lady!), and I love the round setting! <3

I can't wait to start planning, okay so maybe I've already started pinning away, haha. We haven't set a date, but it'll definitely be 12-18 more months before we tie the knot. It's been 5, what's one more year anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment